Have you considered using a toroid in your application?
Often, a transformer or inductor designed on a laminated or cut-core, will perform much better when a toroidal core is chosen.
Common Mode Choke
Core materials we use when designing our toroids.
- Wound metal-tape without Nickel typically for
lower frequency (less than 1kHz).
- Wound metal-tape with high Nickel content
typically for higher frequency (greater than
- Ferrite mixes for any given permeability,
frequency and/or B-H curve.
- Powdered Iron for hign-flux apllications.
We have the capability to manufacture toroids from 1/16" I.D. to 28" O.D., with wire size up to 6 AWG.
Information we need to design and manufacture the proper toroid for you...
- Frequency and waveshape of operation.
- DC bias, if applicable.
- AC voltage and/or current during
- Required inductance for the application.
- Use of component, ie. common-mode
choke, saturable reactor, switching power
supply transformer, high-Q tuning
inductor, pulse transformer, power
- VA (power) required.
- Physical Size constraints.
- Mounting requirements.
- Terminations, ie. lugs, leads, screw
- Maximum allowable temperature rise.
- Regulation, if applicable (no load to full
- Case style requirements, if applicable.